With having such a hectic lifestyle Sunday’s in our house are all about relaxing and spending quality time with each other. I thought it would be fun to get our baking mitts on and bake some yummy cookies. This recipe is inspired by the gorgeous Tanya Burr ♡
This is my very first food related blog post and I’m super excited to share the recipe with you lovelies. I used a Kenwood for mixing all my ingredients in if you don’t have one a whisk and mixing bowl will do the job. So if you fancy making your very own fool proof white and milk chocolate gooey cookies here’s what you will need:
275g Self-Raising Flour
300g Caster Sugar
200g Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
200g Milk Chocolate
200g White Chocolate
1 Large Egg
Dash of Milk (If Required)
1. The first thing you want to do is set your oven to 200°C and obviously wash your hands
2. Mix together your butter and caster sugar to form a smooth consistency, you then want to add your egg and do a little bit more mixing in to combine the ingredients
3. You then want to add your self-raising flour gradually; if you try to add it all at once disaster will strike! If you find your mixture is too dry this is where you want to add a dash of milk.
4. Once you get a dough like consistency, I added too much milk hence why the mixture looks a little wet. You now want to beggin adding your pieces of white and milk chocolate
5. Line two baking trays preferably with grease proof paper but if you don’t have any then foil will be ok. Scoop the mixture (I used a ¼ measuring cup) into 12 hand full sized balls and place far apart on the tray to prevent them merging together.
6. Now pop the trays into the oven for 12 minutes, when you take them out they will still look uncooked but don’t be tempted to leave them in for any longer, once they cool for 30 minutes they will be perfect, soft and gooey.
And there you have it a simple but super tasty cookie recipe; I hope I’ve tempted you lovelies to give these ago, if you do be sure to let me know how you got on.